With the rising cost of health care and employee insurance plans, employers are challenged to find innovative ways to provide cost-effective solutions for their employees. In an effort to improve employees’ health and well-being, employers are hiring Occupational Health Nurses to help provide on-site health care services for their employees and their families.
An Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) is a Registered Nurse specializing in Occupational Health and Safety issues in the workplace. Primary responsibilities include triage and treatment of employees with work related and personal injuries/illnesses, OSHA recordkeeping, workers' compensation administration and employee wellness programs, including timely blood pressure checks, flu vaccine shots and basic first aid. Additional benefits include:
- Reduce your company’s expenses, and increases profits
- Improve employee productivity and reduce down time
- Provide customized, effective health and safety programs unique to your company
- Improve employee morale
- Increase productivity: Absenteeism can be increased with frequent doctor’s visits, chronic health conditions and disability issues costing employers an estimated $160 billion each year.
- Improve workplace safety: On-site health professionals can help employers optimize their injury care plans—and their work environment—to improve workplace safety.
In addition, having a clinician on-site can also help reduce chronic conditions, such as obesity and heart disease that can increase the potential for on-the-job injuries. Bringing a specialized health professional on-site can give employees access to this much-needed ongoing care and improve the health of your workforce.
For more information on Madonna’s Fit for Work Occupational Healthy Nursing services, please call 402.420.0002 or click here. We are available to help identify solutions to best fit your company needs.